Who we are
D C Leake Limited’s registered office is at 106 Abbey Street Nuneaton Warwickshire CV11 5BX, United Kingdom. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00512946.
What information do we collect about you?
We process your personal data to meet our regulatory, legal and contractual obligations to provide you with our products and services. The personal data we collect is as follows:
- Your addresses, payment details and any other data you provide as required for processing your orders and returns.
- Communication between us, including emails, online chat messages and telephone calls.
- Your on-site browsing behaviour, including the pages you have viewed, IP address and browser details etc.
- Your name, email, telephone and preferences.
- Other data entered into our site for specific purposes, for example the creation of wishlists.
Any other data collection is detailed at the point it is collected in a separate policy.
How do we collect information about you?
We collect data from you in the following ways:
- The data you enter into online forms on our websites.
- Your browsing behaviour on our websites.
When you contact us, for example over email, telephone or online chat.
How will we use the information about you?
Our processing activities are:
- Fulfilling your orders, including placing them, taking payment, dispatching them and dealing with any returns.
- Responding to customer services requests via chat, email, telephone etc.
- Analysis of data for reporting, forecasting and site performance.
- Tracking and analysing your browsing behaviour on our website for our own performance purposes.
- Sharing your onsite behaviour with third-parties for marketing purposes.
- Analysis of data for marketing purposes, including profiling.
Sharing and disclosing your personal data
We do not disclose, rent or lease any information submitted to us to 3rd parties for marketing purposes, except as stated in this policy or where there is a legal requirement.
Online browsing and marketing controllers
We use Facebook to advertise to you on their platform.
We run advertising campaigns via the Google platform.
Order fulfilment controllers
We share your personal data with some other organisations as part of the order fulfilment process. This data processing is part of your contract with us when you place an order.
These companies are joint controllers with D C Leake Ltd of your customer data, so you will need to contact them directly to exercise your data rights. Our order fulfilment partners are:
- PayPal, Apple Pay, Stripe and Google provide us with payment processing and fraud analysis.
- Royal Mail, DHL and DPD provide us with delivery services.
- V12, if you have opted for payment by finance.
Feefo provide us product and service review feedback. We share your name, email address and the product/service you purchased (as obtained during the order process) with Feefo, who will send you an email on our behalf asking you to complete a review. Our legal basis for doing this is our legitimate interest in asking for feedback in order to improve our products and services.
You will need to contact Feefo directly to exercise your data rights, as they are acting as a data controller and we do not control how they process your data.
Our data processors
- eAvira Technologies
The website has Google Analytics to track visitor numbers and behaviour. This service is to help us continually improve our service and does not track any personally identifiable information. If you wish to opt out of this, you should disable cookies in your browser.
Marketing, promotions and offers
During the checkout process we may temporarily store your email address. We may send you follow up email(s) if you do not complete the checkout process to remind you of the items in your cart for future reference and allow you to complete the purchase more easily, in case there was an error during checkout.
How long will we keep your data for?
The data you can manage from your “Account” pages will be stored until you remove it, for example your wishlists and saved addresses.
Data about your orders and communications with us will be held indefinitely as we need a legal record of these.
Website behavioural data will be kept and used for up to 72 months, after which time we aim to store data only in exceptional circumstances.
Securing your data
We do not store your credit card information. It is processed over a secure encryption system which goes through the payment provider. We do not handle or store this data on our servers. Our staff do not have visibility of the credit card information for your orders. We take your privacy and data security seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data.
You have many rights around the use of your personal data. We are implementing them in the following ways:
Right to be informed
Your right to be informed about how we use personal data is contained within this policy, including:
- The purposes for which we process your data
- The categories of personal data we hold about you
- The recipients to whom your personal data might be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- How we collect the data
Access, Rectification and Erasure
If you would like to update your personal information or marketing preferences or profile information, you can contact us via email (use the contact us form on our website), phone (number displayed in website header) or post. To send us a letter, please address it to Data protection officer, D C Leake, 106 Abbey Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 5BX.
You may also delete your account which removes most of the data we hold about you. We may still need to hold certain data to meet financial regulatory, legal and contractual obligations. For example, but not limited to:
- Your order details, contact details and communication details
- Your order data, which we require for reporting and tax purposes.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to restrict our data processing, which you may do by contacting us (details in previous section). If the processing is done by a different data controller, you will need to contact them directly.
We collect and store data in cookies which is sent securely to remarketing companies, whose algorithms may determine if you will see advertising related to your browsing on other websites. You are able to opt out of these adverts at any time (more information below).
Cookies are necessary to purchase items at D C Leake. They are used to identify items in your shopping bag, shortlist, and also your browsing history so we can make better recommendations. The cookies themselves do not store any personal identifiable information. Instead, they store a 'key' on your computer which then identifies information stored temporarily on our own server. You can disable cookies in your browser to prevent this, however you will not be able to use the primary functionality of this website. You can disable cookies in your browser's settings.
Any changes to this policy will be posted onto this page.